Friday, March 28, 2003

When Rubes get Creative

This song is number one on the playlist of stations arcoss the bible belt. We print the lyrics in full, but for all of you budding Country singers, imagine your average country riff in D, and sing along. YEEHAW

An Iraqi In Kentucky
by Skeeter Mays

An Iraqi in Kentucky
I say, Ma, now idn't that lucky
I gone and done catched me Saddam

Ahm goin' learn that boy a lesson
With mah brand new Smith & Wesson
And show 'im things ah learned in Vietnam

Now when ah wave mah rifle up in the air
And that Freebird solo starts to blare
Don't go reachin' for none uh your chemical bomb

Cos if there's one thing ah cain't stand
Iss sharin' mah fields with the Arab man
And don't you hippies go on tellin' me I'm wrong

Ah can drink too much and lose mah head
Hit mah wife before goin' to bed
But don't you commies go on tellin' me ahm wrong

Ah scream real loud and scare the kids
Shoot the dog when he takes a piss
But goddammit dontchew go callin' me Saddam

Cos ah just drank a sixer and ahm feelin' lucky
And somewhere there's an Iraqi in Kentucky
And ahll keep on shootin' til he tells me 'oo he is

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home